Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Soup

I have hit the crazy days. The days where I begin at 7 and do not end until 12:30 or 1 am. The days where I run from thing to thing, class to meeting to class to work to work to home to homework/dinner to Corn practice to bed. I want to say that I hate these days, that I wish for a quiet, peaceful, relaxing with with NOTHING to do, but really, I don't. Yes, I am tired a lot and yes I am busy all the time, but I'm excited to be doing Cornhuskin' and I like my classes.

Today is one of those crazier than usual days, so in preparation, I made potato soup last night. Lovely thick, creamy, cheese, vegetable-y soup. I used the recipe that my grandfather gave my mother; I don't know where he got it, but it is the best potato soup I have ever had. And right now, there is a big pot sitting on my stove, warming to room temperature so that in 5 hours when I have time for dinner, it will heat quickly.

Forethought is good. Groceries are good. Life is good

No comments:

Post a Comment