Friday, April 24, 2009

Book obsession

Yesterday went really, really well. I enjoyed having my mom and dad to myself for several hours and loved having dinner with my whole family and my best friend. Right now, I'm just glad my thesis presentation is done! 

While we were out between my thesis presentation and my study abroad essay reading, I went into a little bookstore near campus to find a thank you card for my thesis advisor. I came out with a book full of John Williams Waterhouse's paintings (like "The Lady of Shallot," 1888). It was only $17, which I couldn't pass up. Actually, I rarely can pass up a cheap book (usually I don't spend as much as I did yesterday, but it was an art book, which are rarely that cheap). A book that's $3-10 is hard for me to resist because you never know when it might be good. Which explains the two novels that I have sitting on my shelf waiting for exams to be over so that I can start them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment