Sunday, June 28, 2009

Repurposing

Today I was going through my closet in an attempt to organize my fabric and sewing things. While I don't have a ton (yet!), I've realized that if I don't try to contain it now, it will soon get out of hand. As I was digging through, I found an old project: a white and blue double-sided duvet cover; one side is toile, the other checkered material. I have since (in the 5-6 intervening years since this project was begun) switched to a smaller bed, besides having received a lovely bedspread for a high school graduation gift, so this project was no longer needed. I ripped out all the seams--why I decided to double my seams, I have no idea--and am planning to use the toile for a summer skirt. However, the blue checks will make me look like Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz... I don't need curtains (my room is a rose color anyways) and I probably have 5 yards of this material. I don't want to waste it, but I'm not sure what I should do with it... Any repurposing ideas out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment