Sunday, October 4, 2009

Senior Parent Night

The picture above was taken last night by my roommate/best friend Hillary; it was Senior Parent Night, a night to celebrate how far we've come and thank the people who have gotten us there. We had dinner and there was a dance (that we didn't stay for), but one of the best parts of the evening was when we gave our parents notes we'd written to them to say thank you. After we gave our parents the notes, we left to get the gift that had been purchased with part of our ticket money, a blanket that said Meredith College Parent Class of 2010. I made both of my parents cry with what I wrote, but that's not why I wrote what I did. I wrote those words because they were true, because I am deeply grateful for the upbringing I was given and the support I have received since I came to Meredith--I would not be who I am without them.

Love you, Mommy and Daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment