Sunday, April 18, 2010

21

The countdown continues as I start writing my last two big papers and work on rescheduling exams. I still haven't cried; it seems like somehow, it's just time for me to go and leave remembering all the good things about this place. I'm getting excited for all of the end of the year events, particularly now that I have dresses for 10th Night, Class Day, and graduation.

Thursday night, I went to Red Room with some dear friends. I mentioned Sam before; I've known this sweet girl since first semester of freshman year, when she awed me with her self-assurance. I treasure her friendship because I know that Sam will be honest with me no matter what, because she truly cares about me and my well being. In addition to being honest, she's got the greatest laugh and smile and gives fantastic hugs. She's also a lot of fun to go out with-the best "date" I've ever taken to formal!

I've also known Katie since first semester; she and her parents sat down next to me and mine and she introduced herself: that was the beginning of a lovely friendship. Katie is kind and dependable and a lot of fun. She's also incredibly organized; this year, 54% of our class gave money to the class gift and I'm sure that's a direct result of her being one of the co-chairs. Miss Katie is not someone you can turn down easily, mostly because you'd feel bad if you disappointed her. She may look mild-mannered, but this girl is a powerhouse!

Marie and I have been side-by-side (literally!) for 4 years. Our last names put her right in front of me alphabetically, so anytime we're at an event that alphabetizes, whether it's nametags or seating, Marie and I are together. This girl is pretty incredible: she's involved in every club and organization (it seems like), she works with autistic kids, she babysits, and she's an incredible student on top of that!

These 3 are just some of the fantastic women I have been so fortunate as to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment