Sunday, April 11, 2010

28

28 days until I graduate. And I still don't know the answer to the inevitable question: "What are you doing next year?" But you know what? That's OK.

It's OK because Wednesday, I was inducted into the alumnae association. Our speaker referenced a favorite book from my childhood, Miss Rumphius, and talked about how, in a few years the things that would matter were being with the people we loved, doing work we loved, and always making time to do beautiful things.

It's OK because Thursday, we spent a lot of time in Encore rehearsal working on a song I'm coming to love. I'm particularly fond of this version of it. I'm so grateful to have had the chance to do music here at Meredith with all the fabulous professors we have; though I'm not a music major, they've always treated me with professional respect as a musician and I've grown and changed so much under their direction.

It's OK because Friday was formal and I had the time of my life! Seriously, I've never had so much fun at a Meredith dance. My "date" for the evening was the lovely Samantha (who blogs here) and she's fabulous. Really, she deserves her own post just because she's been such a wonderful friend and is such an all around good person. This was the first dance I hadn't taken a male date to, and honestly, I had more fun. Not because I don't like boys but because I wasn't worried about being on a date. I let loose, danced like a fool, had very many embarrassing pictures taken (I'm sure) and just generally enjoyed myself. I think I shocked some of the girls I tutor, though; they're used to seeing me a little more... professional, shall we say?

It's OK because yesterday, I spent the day in Lumberton with some of my SAI sisters for Province Day, which was fun. We had our own initiation tonight, at which I cried, but only because I think the ritual is really beautiful.

It's OK because the people that I love, the ones that I have really, truly bonded with over the last 4 years, are the ones with whom I will keep in contact. It's OK because I have 8 zillion memories, of things that run the gamut from mundane, like Facebook chatting with gorgeous Louisa while I'm in my room and she's in the living room doing homework, to the insane, like Cornhuskin'. It's been an amazing 4 years and I'm going to celebrate and enjoy every last bit out of the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment