Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Things I Love Thursday: Thanksgiving edition

Pat and Erin in August
(I'm pretty sure she doesn't read this blog, but I wanted to write this anyway)

This year, just like every year, I'm thankful for my sweet family (who came down here, which saved me a trip-they rock!), old and new friends, and all the blessings in my wonderful life. But this year, I want to call special attention to the lovely girl in the picture above.

I've known her since early high school; her family has gone to my church for a long time. This summer, she and my brother started dating and before too long, I think I'll have a new sister (I promise I'm not jumping the gun-both families know they're planning this :) ).

She comes down to see us most weekends and what I love is that even when Pat can't be around because of school commitments, we have a lot of fun by ourselves. We've had beach days and movie nights, shared pots of coffee and bottles of wine-she's a fun chick and we're developing a wonderful friendship. Erin fits right into our family and I'm glad that Pat picked her.

Even though realization that my brother seriously dating someone means that I'm an adult (a fact which is starting to become less scary as I adjust to being on my own) was kind of terrifying at first, Erin couldn't be a better friend and eventually, sister.

1 comment:

  1. I do read your blog! I love you too Maggie and I am so happy that you like me! Not saying that you didnt, I'm just a paranoid person and I worry..get that from my mom! haha! You are so awesome to hang out with and it makes me incredibly happy that i can call you sister :)

    ReplyDelete