Friday, December 10, 2010

Christmas Music Weeks: Days 4 & 5

Sorry I missed yesterday's post; I took 2 exams and when I got home, my brain was fried. So I'll put 2 days in tonight's post :)

Day 4: Favorite Cartoon Christmas song


One of the highlights of Christmas time during my childhood was a VHS tape that we had with a bunch of cartoons, including Frosty. I love Jimmy Durante's voice and this song always makes me smile.

Day 5: Favorite Advent Song


Really, this one probably should have gone first, but what can I say? I'm a little backwards sometimes. The full lyrics and translation can be found here. This song is used at Vespers during Advent and is, I think, really beautiful. I love the simplicity of the chant and, even though I went to a women's college, I do love all male choirs :)

Also, since I figured out how to embed videos, I've edited my first 2 posts to have embedded videos

No comments:

Post a Comment