Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Year in Review: 2010

January
-Began final semester in undergrad

February
March
-Turned 22
-Spent spring break at home, resting and reading

April
-Last spring formal, with Sam, my best date in 4 years :)
-Finished undergrad classes

May
-10th Night with the 2010 girls
-Graduated from college!
-Moved home
-Flew to Orlando for job training
-Spent a week lesson planning in preparation for teaching to begin

June
-Began teaching 3 days a week in Greenville NC
-Flew to the ATL for a 24 hour whirlwind teaching trip
-Drove to Richmond for another 24 teaching trip

July
-Went apartment hunting in SC
-Found my apartment!
-Spent 4 weeks teaching in Gastonia and Charlotte
-Visited my aunt & uncle 3 times on my way home

August
-Finished teaching
-Beach week with the family
-Moved to SC
-Began grad school

September
-Got elected to the GEA as the Academic Research Committee chair
-Spent a whole Saturday at a Student Government training session

October
-Survived midterms, thank goodness!

November
-Came home for Corn weekend
-Began working on final papers
-Family came to SC for Thanksgiving at the beach

December
-Took finals
-Came home & saw lots of friends
-Brother got engaged Christmas Eve
-Got the flu

As you can see, 2010 was a year of change. I'm not one for making specific resolutions, because I usually fail at them, but since 2011 will be a year that is mostly stable (no big moves or huge life changes planned), I want it to be a year of small changes: physically, spiritually, intellectually, emotionally. That way, at this time next year when I have to start deciding what my next move will be, I'll be in a mental place where I can look at the big picture and make the best decision for me.

So long, 2010; hello 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment