Thursday, November 3, 2011

30 Days of Thankful: Day 3

If you know me, you know that my parents and I are incredibly close, which is a wonderful thing, except for when I go too long without seeing them. Then it hurts a lot and not just emotionally, but a real, physical ache in the general area of my chest cavity (heartache?). This weekend marks 7 weeks since I've been home, which is the longest stretch I've ever done, I think. I have so much respect for my friends who scattered all over the globe after graduation, particularly Sam and Hannah, because I couldn't do that. It's hard enough being 4 hours away and talking to my mom on the phone multiple times a day. The past few days have been really hard, probably because I don't get to go home tomorrow for Corn, which made me even sadder.

So today, I'm thankful for that pain. Thankful that I've been blessed with a family that I love so much I can't wait to go home and see them, hug my Jack-man, pet the stinky dog and just spend time being together.

I love you all and I'm so excited to see you on Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment