Sunday, November 6, 2011

30 Days of Thankful: Days 4 & 5

Day 4:

On Friday, I was reminded how thankful I am for my 4 years in Wonderland. I had intended to go back for Corn this weekend, but I couldn't, so Friday was hard. I wanted to be there and see all of my friends, but since I wasn't there and couldn't see them, I focused instead on all the wonderful memories I have from being a student there.

Day 5:
I spent almost all of Saturday with a couple of friends, Katherine and Chris. We went to Mass and breakfast, then drove out to the Trappist monastery that's close to us and went exploring. We walked all over the grounds, visited the church and spent a good hour in the library (illicitly) before heading into town for a barbecue lunch. I came home and spent a few hours doing homework before we got back together to bake for our young adult group bake sale at church today. There was lots of laughter, good conversation, and a really fun storytelling board game called Dixit. It was pretty close to being a perfect day and I'm so thankful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment