Thursday, August 6, 2009

Counting my blessings

This morning, I woke up with a swollen face because my wisdom teeth are (once again) working their way through my gums (it's been off and on since freshman year of college--every time I decide the pain is bad enough to get them taken out, it magically goes away). My shins are hurting because I ran a little on my walk this morning and I'm tired with a long day ahead of me tomorrow. I know from experience, though, that the best way to get myself out of this funk is to count my blessings. So here they are, in no particular order:

-My sweet brother is bringing me ice cream because cold makes the swelling go down (obviously!)
-Ice cream is delicious
-I have a rockin' apartment
-My first Netflix DVD finally came today
-I reconnected with another old friend over Facebook and I think we're going to try to have lunch next week
-I love my job
-I have great coworkers
-My dress was a little loose when I put it on this morning, which made me feel better about my weight despite the swollen face thing
-I will have at least 1 roommate by the end of the weekend
-My parents are buying me a new printer this weekend-yay for no sales tax!
-I will get paid next week, which means I can purchase my textbooks
-The semester starts really, really soon
-After 22 years of marriage, my parents are still deeply in love
-I am at peace with my life, even with its unknowns
-I am a beloved daughter of God, which should be more than enough for anyone
-I am relatively healthy

No comments:

Post a Comment