Tuesday, August 4, 2009

In love with Netflix!

Since I'm alone in my apartment until next week, I decided that it was time to sign up for Netflix, something I'd been wanting, but didn't want to sign up for until I was moved in. My first DVD has yet to arrive (something about mail service in these apartments not starting yet), but I've just finished the BBC miniseries "Wives and Daughters," which, in my opinion, was excellently done. I thought they took a bit of creative license with the end of the series; I can't ever imagine Molly Gibson in pants, but I suppose they had to do something since the novel is unfinished. All in all, I give it a 5/5 for staying true to the novel and for excellent casting. I read "Wives and Daughters" in my Victorian literature class last fall and this version was cast exactly as I had imagined the characters.

Right now, I'm waiting for "The Lion in Winter" (with Katharine Hepburn and Peter O'Toole), which I haven't seen since high school. I'm also thinking that tonight while I'm on duty, I'll start the BBC version of "Mansfield Park," since the 1999 version was such a disappointment in the liberties that it took with the story, characters, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment