Thursday, March 11, 2010

Thoughts of spring

I've had a bunch of thoughts rambling around in my head, so rather than write a bunch of posts, I decided it's time for a thought-collection post

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's spring here in North Carolina (finally) and I am loving it. This is the third day in a row that I've worn a skirt (without tights!) and for the past two days, I've driven with my sunroof open. Louisa (my roommate) and I have turned off the air in our apartment and are living with the windows open, which is a lovely thing. The trees are still rather bare, but still, I know that spring is coming and I couldn't be happier about it!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spring break starts tomorrow afternoon! I'm so ready for it and I have lots of plans, including:

-making my Class Day dress
-making at least 1 new skirt
-finishing the parish newsletter
-getting my grad school stuff all ready to mail when I get back from break
-planning my graduation party with my grandma
-sleeping
-reading frivolous books

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I graduate two months from Monday. It's coming so incredibly fast; I can't believe it. I bought my stole for Sigma Tau Delta (English honor society) yesterday and my cord for Silver Shield (MC honor society) on Sunday. I need to buy my cap and gown, my Kappa Nu Sigma stole, and my graduation announcements. I also need to purchase SAI cords for me and the other graduating seniors and figure out when I get my Alpha Lambda Delta cord, my Honors cord and my study abroad flag. Holy cow, graduation is close.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Singing with Encore this semester has been fantastic. I love being part of a smaller group and, the thing I'm probably most proud of, I've gotten up the courage to sing solos in front of a bunch of people (like, the entirely full Jones Chapel). Our trip to D.C. was brief, but good; there was a lot of bonding time, and it didn't hurt that the Army folks loved us. Dr. P canceled rehearsal today to give our voices a break (yay!), but I'm looking forward to starting new music after break.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Talking about loving my classes, I really do love all of them. I know, I'm a nerd, but I've accepted that and am moving on.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The thing that I'm not currently loving is the fact that I've fallen off the Lenten wagon in regards to my prayer life. Fasting & almsgiving are covered; it's not easy, but it's not as hard as you'd think. I'm starting over today, though; this just tells me that my prayer life is really what I need to concentrate on. I also need to remind myself, as St. Therese of Lisieux said, that it's about doing "little things with great love"--it doesn't have to be grandiose as long as my intention is love. And I think that this difficulty in keeping up with my prayers speaks to the fact that I need help with the love part.

No comments:

Post a Comment