Thursday, March 25, 2010

Today's reflection

This Lent, I've been reading from Minute Meditations for Each Day in the morning as part of my prayer resolution. This morning's reflection, for the Solemnity of the Annunciation, is as follows:

"Mary said: 'I am the servant of the Lord.'" (Luke 1:38)
Reflection: What a magnificent program for life! To be a servant of the Lord, that is, to be ever at the disposal of God, ready to regard life with all its joys and sorrows as a sacred mission given us by God's love. And to fulfill this mission with all the generosity of our heart. Is it really this word of Mary that guides me each day and points out the right way for my life?

Wow.

Later on, this afternoon while I was at work, I was talking with my friend Antoinette about graduation and God's plans for me afterwards. I asked her (she's come back to school for a second degree after working for some years) how you find the line between praying about things and actually doing them. Her response: "Just pray that God will close all the other doors so that you know. It just takes a little trust."

So that's my new prayer. Not that I will figure it out, but that I will be guided to make the right choice. And really, trusting and obeying is all I can and should do, if I really have faith. It is just going to take more than a little dying to self.

No comments:

Post a Comment