Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I love my job, but...

Today was hard. As my supervisor put it, I had some very human mistakes. I also had situations that I had no control over that I had to deal with; by the time I left school, they were all worked out, but it still made for a long day. When I got back, I was exhausted, but I still had several hours of work to do. I have, however, come up with a good plan for dealing with days like this.

1. Get in bed and wallow for at least 30 minutes in the fact that I had a bad day.

2. Call my mommy and explain what happened.

3. Have a piece of dark chocolate.

4. Sit back and look at each situation analytically to figure out how that can be avoided in the future.

5. Get out of bed.

6. Leave the room and decide that when I come back, all negativity towards the day is gone.

Surprisingly enough, that worked! I left for dinner and came back about an hour and a half later with a pillbox, toothpaste, a copy of Real Simple and some post-it notes with an "M" on them and I was ready to settle back into work. And suddenly, it's easier for me to remember, in the words of Robert Browning, that "God's in his heaven; all's right with the world."

No comments:

Post a Comment