Sunday, September 5, 2010

I love living on the coast

Yesterday I went to the beach with my brother's girlfriend, Erin, who's down visiting for the weekend. He had a football game to work, so we packed up and went to Sullivan's Island, one of the islands around here. A friend of mine from my program had told me that it wasn't really crowded, so it was a good place to go. We had a lot of fun, despite the comedy of errors that it really was.

First, Erin didn't have a bathing suit (because I forgot to call and tell her that I was planning a beach day), so she was wearing shorts that, of course, got wet as we waded in the water a little bit. Second, we only brought one towel, so we had to share it. Third, I'm terrible with sunscreen, so not only was I incredibly sandy when we got back, I also look like I have a Picasso painting on my back. Fourth, we went without eating breakfast and then forgot to bring food or water, so by the time we finally ate something at 4:00, we were ravenous.

However, we had a lot of fun just hanging out; she's the first girl that my brother's dated that I've gotten along with like this, so I'm thankful for that. We people-watched, which is always interesting at the beach, then navigated back to Pat's school to pick him up. The three of us spent the evening here with one of his cadet friends; it was a good night

No comments:

Post a Comment