Monday, August 23, 2010

First day at the big girl job

I started at my new job this morning; I didn't realize it before, but it's actually a paid internship, which is pretty cool-excellent line on my resume as well as money coming in. It's not hard work, but it is a little frustrating sometimes, since I'm fact checking through Google. However, it's a really relaxed office (jeans are the dress code) and everyone's been really nice so far. Tomorrow I'm bringing in my big blue mug for coffee, which they have all day :)

After I got home from work and had some lunch (I'm only working half days on Monday and Wednesday because of classes), I went out to the 'Del to get my ID number/email log-in and get a photo ID made. It took me over an hour to get the ID number because it's a joint program and none of the students from my home school have been entered into the new database. Finally, I got the paperwork so that I could go up to the second floor of the building to get the ID made and... it's probably the worst ID picture that has ever been taken of me. I was told not to smile and then not given a warning that she was about to take the picture so I look like I either have something in my mouth or I'm getting ready to say something. Let's just hope that no one ever asks to see it.

I also had to visit the post office there, since the post office near my house that I found online (through the US Post Office's website, no less) is actually a doggy day care. I was slightly upset, but my brother (who, if I haven't mentioned it yet, goes to the military school that my school partners with for this joint MA program) said that I could go to the post office at one of the administrative halls at school. Mom also suggested leaving my mail to be mailed in my mailbox to see if I could get it picked up that way. Next time I need to mail something, I'm going to try that, but I know I have a backup option as I'll be on Pat's campus one day a week for class.

I got some school supplies while I was out too; I've been in school long enough that all I need is a couple of notebooks and pocket folders because I have tons of pens and everything else for classes.

Oh, and in the "new things" category, I joined the CCM choir. Music isn't really a new thing for me, nor is being in a church choir, but like I said before, I didn't do CCM in college, so combining that with my music is a new thing for me. Rehearsals are at 3:45 on Sundays, so I'll just be downtown earlier for Mass; I'm very excited about this.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad your first day went well! That's so fun :) Also...our post office is a post office/dry cleaner. Weird? I think so. Can't wait to hear more!!!

    ReplyDelete