Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Setting up house

I visited my paternal grandparents this afternoon and had a delightful visit with them; I hadn't seen them since I started working, so I told them all about my job, my apartment and everything that's happened recently. I also got quite a few heirloom things for my kitchen from them. Unfortunately, I've packed them all in moving boxes, so no pictures yet, but I have added the following things, among others, to my kitchen collection:

-2 glass jars with cork lids
-2 wine carafes
-my great-grandmother's cookie press
-a pie plate
-a muffin tin
-a couple of casserole dishes
-a teapot my grandparents received as a wedding gift, 51 years ago

Pictures will follow when I've moved and unpacked. I'm terribly excited, though, because I like things that have a story. Plus, it's nice to keep those kinds of things in the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment