Sunday, August 15, 2010

Leaving home

The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say
(The Fellowship of the Ring, J.R.R. Tolkien)


Today's my last day at home. I'm in the midst of packing, but my room's starting to look sad. All my books are gone, as well as the bookshelves. Honestly, at this point, I'm starting to have mixed feelings about going. I suppose that's normal, but here's where I am right now: so excited for all the new adventures that living in a new city and going to grad school will bring, but slightly terrified of being on my own. I'm so close to my family that being 4 hours away will be difficult.

But like Bilbo, I'm being called by the Road... for whatever reason, I'm supposed to be where I'm moving to, so I'm going. And I'll be back here, but I know that it won't be the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment